Colorado Business Women is proud to work with Dress for Success Denver as our 2022-2023 Charity of Choice.
The mission of Dress for Success is to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the development tools to help women thrive in work and in life. We inspire confidence, courage and belief in women!
Dress for Success is an international not-for-profit organization that empowers women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
Since starting operations in 1997, Dress for Success has expanded to more than 150 cities in 28 countries and has helped nearly one million women work towards self-sufficiency.
Dress for Success Denver has four cornerstone programs that empower and transform women’s lives. Our programs help them find positions that offer a livable wage and a career path; programs that help them keep their jobs, succeed in both life and work and provide a roadmap for giving back to their communities.
- 83% of our Going Places Network (GPN) program graduates secure employment
- Our Professional Women’s Group (PWG) program provides employed clients with support, information and inspiration to growth their professional networks, stay employed and move forward with their career development. Over 60 women attend the monthly meetings.
- Our Career Center offers each woman one-on-one meetings with our executive coaches that offer feedback on resumes, cover letters and conduct mock interviewing as well as great interview techniques.
- In 2016 over 1,500 women were provided free professional clothing for interviews (one complete outfit) or for recent employment (one week’s worth of clothing). Our Professional Clothing program offers a bridge to many women in need of a starter items for a professional wardrobe.
Did you know?
- More than 200 agencies in metro Denver refer women to our programs
- 76% of the Professional Women’s Group members remain employed
- 100% of our clients lived under the poverty level before coming to Dress for Success
Join us in making a difference in so many women’s lives and in our Denver community!
Discover how you can donate clothes, support the organization financially, get involved as a volunteer or help in other ways.
Members Support Fund
Donations from monthly meeting member Success Stories are donated to this fund to assist members who need support with annual CBW dues or other small financial issues that may arise.
If you would like to be on the Outreach Support Fund Team or need details on how to access the Members Support Fund, contact [email protected]